Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Card, A Sketch and A Tutorial

Hello! We are having a beautifully sunny day here in Utah. I can't wait for Spring!
I am all about flowers. I made this fun flower using cut out hearts and I'm going to show you how to make them too. They're really fun and easy.


1.
Cut out 8 hearts, 4 smaller than the others, along with a hand cut circle (this doesn't have to be perfect, it won't be seen) and a few hand cut leaves. I used a die for the hearts and sanded down each piece.

2.
Fold each shape in half and then fold each half down out to the side.

3.
Begin to arrange your flower. Glue down the leaves first onto the circle and then arrange the larger 4 hearts next. Adhere the smaller hearts onto the large hearts. For the center I used a mini "sunbeam" punch.

To add a little interest I included some gold micro beads to the center.

And here is my completed card using these cute My Little Shoebox papers.

Shaped cards are very popular right now. I made up this shape that I haven't seen before and I think it worked out well.

Sketch:
Have a great weekend!

~Liz Pin It

3 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Your card is amazing! Love the shape and the flower is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. -Tami

Haven_mom4 said...

going to have to try this. thanks for the detailed photos

Cathy said...

love this...going to give it a try too! Thanks for the inspiration!