Thursday, March 1, 2012

Practical Scrappers Link With Love BLOG HOP

Welcome to the Practical Scrappers "Linking with Love" Blog Hop! We believe it is important to always give credit when it is due to another crafter. For this unique hop all of our design team members used the same inspiration piece to create their project. Each of them will make an example of themselves as to how to properly "Link with Love" and credit the inspiration. We'll be running the hop thru Noon EST on Sunday - so you have plenty of time to get through it.
Liz Qualman created this beautiful layout and we have all used it for inspiration. The whole hop will culminate at Liz Qualman's blog where she'll provide us with a new sketch for inspiration.


Here is my layout.

I chose to use Liz's Qualman's overall look for my inspiration. Of course I altered it to fit my taste and personality.

Instead of using the stitching with flowers, I chose to place flying kites instead. It fit with my title and works great for this "boy" theme. The majority of my papers are from Crate Paper's Toy Box collection and Echo Park's For The Record.

Now head on over to Liz Qualman's blog. She has created a great sketch for us to use. Thanks Liz!

25 comments:

Liz said...

Great boy page and the kites are a great idea! Love the colors against the background paper. TFS.

Ann said...

Terrific little boy page with these colours and the trio of kites.

Shaunery said...

AAAhhh this is adorable! Love background and how you built up and the kits are most excellent!

Chrislyn Lane said...

The kites are so cute! Love that idea!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Oh my goodness, this is beyond adorable! I LOVE your kites and love your papers!

Anonymous said...

I love the kites!

Carolina said...

Oh, that's a cute photo, and the layout is wonderful!!!

Me-Ma Kim said...

I am hopping along today!I am already a follower. Your layout is AWESOME, and what a cute Lil' Guy! TFS and have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
kimnsammy at gmail dot com

Amy Martin said...

Im loving the kites and the clouds and of course those cute lil' cheeks. Beautiful layout...Thanks so much for sharing. I am a follower now....

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So adorable and cute. Love the pp and design.

Cathy said...

too adorable! love the kites!

Donna said...

this is too cute. those kits are adorable

Stephanie U said...

Love the kites and the distressed edge to the paper.

Ruth G said...

Love this! I love the contrast of the muted colors with the primaries! Lots of fun details! TFS!

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

fabulous page, i always love your work :)

Teresa Jaye said...

awww, what a precious little boy and your layout is amazing - love the kites and the embossed clouds!

Laureen said...

Hopping around and I am your new follower! Nice LO!

Jayma Malme said...

I love your layout! Great colors and the kites are perfect.

gram cheryl said...

Great boys page...thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I just love the clouds and kites. I'm already a follower of your lovely blog :)

scrappin_mom3 said...

Liz, those kites are soo cute!!! I just love kites and your page! AWESOME boy page!

hugs,
Kerri

Patricia said...

Such a cute layout! I'm loving those kites and that photo is so cute! I'm a follower!

Sherri said...

I like the kites.

Esther said...

Oh my gosh, your layout is wonderful!
I love your embossed cloud and your darling kites!!!!

F.T said...

Gorgeous layout, I like the kites.

Plastic Card Holders
Plastic Cards
Scratch Cards