Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cards with My Little Shoebox

Hello fellow scrappers!  This month I was assigned to make some cards using the 'Up In The Trees' collection from My Little Shoebox. This collection is so darn cute, my cards came together like a breeze.

Happy Birthday

To make the large flower behind the rolled up rose, I positioned several of the flag cut outs from the Up in Trees 3D Roll-Up Flower sheet to resemble petals. It turned out great.
Supplies used: Up In The Trees Free As A Bird, In The Trees, Woodgrain Love, My Way, Flying High and 3D Roll-Up Flower sheet.

Sweet Love
For this card I cut my background shape from a die cut and cut a border using the same shape. The make the flags, I cut out two of the word strips from the cut out sheet and adhered them to toothpicks. A little grass and a few roll-up flowers make a nice scene.
Supplies used: Up In The Trees Free As A Bird, In The Trees, Heart On A String, Woodgrain Love and 3D Roll-Up Flower sheet

Thank You
I made this card a bit simpler to bring the focus to the cute hanging hearts. I embossed the pink bottom portion of the card and sanded it down a little for extra dimension.
Supplies used: Up In The Trees Free As A bird, Woodgrain Love, In The Trees and Heart On A String.


"Tweet" Love

For my final card, I added several layers and border strips. I used the bird as my theme in the title and added a small cluster of roll-up flowers.
Supplies used: Up In The Trees Free As Bird, Woodgrain Love, My Way, Bird's Eye View and 3D Roll-Up Flower sheet.


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Love these cards...great job!

Esther said...

Wow, lots of fun eye candy here!!!!!