Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Time for a Ho Down!

I have been very busy with family and church life lately which may be why you haven't heard from me as much as usual lately.
I LOVE planning a good party!
My youngest son turned 6 this month and we threw him a rootin' tootin' cowboy party to celebrate.

Here is the cake I made for the event:

The invitation:
I simply added the text on this photo with Photoshop, printed the pictures and passed them out. I couldn't have made an easier invitation if I tried. :)

We invited 14 of his little friends to this ho-down and they all showed up! What fun!







We served up a traditional cowboy dinner of hot dogs and baked beans and played fun games like "Search for the missing cold coins" and "shoot the cans". We ended our party with a huge pinata in the shape of a cowboy hat.

All of his guests went home with a cowboy hat, bandanna and mustache.

I have a Dr. Seuss party to plan in a few weeks so stay tuned for pictures from that event.










4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Liz that is so cool!!! My son turned 6 the middle of December. No party really. But he would have loved a cake like that!!! He LOVES Woody and the Toy Story gang.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

What an amazing cake and theme! Love it! :)

Unknown said...

Love your theme Liz and that cake was wonderful!!

Tamika said...

What showdown!Some October Afternoon papers will make those photos into a great layout!