Thursday, July 21, 2011

Siblings Forever (Whether they like it or not) :)

Have you ever thought about making a layout on something other than a traditional piece of cardstock or patterned paper? I have and today I'm going to show you a layout that I made on a calendar sheet from Urban Lily. Sometimes a little change is nice. :)



The calendar sheet started out black and white so I added plenty of bright colored patterned papers from Urban Lily and lots of great Cheery Lynn Designs dies. The contrast really makes my die cut elements pop.



To make this cluster of orange flowers I used the Pretty Petal die. It's easy to make them look more realistic. I simply pinched each petal with my thumb's fingernail and adhered them onto my page near the colored wire. Each center has a dab of glitter glue.



For the fence, I ran it through my Big Shot with the Burlap embossing plate. I sanded down the cardstock just a little so you could make out the details. I also added a horizontal strip of the same paper over the fence which I pulled from the Wittle Wicker die. After all, the cute little red bird needs a place to perch. :)

More fabulous Cheery Lynn Designs used:
Butterfly
Floral Heart
Tropical Flourish
French Pastry Doily
Darling Daisies
Basic Optimistic Alphas

5 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable Liz!!!

Dara Lynn said...

that is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is realy cute! Love those little green letters!

Kathy said...

Oh, this is absolutely fabulous, Liz! I love those bright colors against the calendar page! Great layering of embellies, too!

Julia Sáddi said...

Great layout, Lyn! So rich in details, bright and vivid!
xox Julia Sáddi