Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting Ready For Halloween with cards

Halloween mode is in full swing here at the Chidester house. The decorations are out and the kids are making up their minds (and then changing their minds) about what they're going to "be" for Halloween. I think we nailed it down to the idea that the whole family will be super heroes as long as my husband cooperates and lets me dress his as the Hulk. We will see.

Today on Practical Scrappers we are featuring cards and layouts all about Halloween -just to help get you in the mood.
An old friend of mine, Pamela Young is holding a sketch contest in celebration of World Card Making Day. She's got some great card sketches on her blog that you must check out. I made the following cards using 2 of her fabulous sketches.

 


Aren't these papers cute? They are a part of Pretty Little Studio's Scaredy Cat collection. -Which I am excited to show you more of in the next couple of weeks.

The black and white paper and the premade "Magical" pennant is also part of the Scaredy Cat collection. I opted not to go for a Halloween theme here so I stamped the word "you" right on top.


I hope you were able to celebrate Card Making Day. And if not, I've heard it said that its actually Card Making Month!


1 comments:

Pamela said...

These turned out great!! I loved it when I saw you were playing along! Thanks! You rock!! :)