Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Topiary Trees with Helmar

Hello!
I have been assigned to create 14 centerpieces for our church Halloween dinner/party. Yes, I said 14! Helmar has been a huge help in this matter. I don't know I would do it without this premium glue. Really!


I've had a few 18" foam topiary trees sitting in my craft room for a few years after buying them at a craft store's closing sale. I decided to use them as a centerpiece making the foam ball on the top into a pumpkin.

Here's what you need:

I tore the newspaper into strips and covered the ball at the top using a generous amount of Helmar's Decoupage. Once the glue dried, I painted an orange wash all over the ball.

Once the wash dried, I glue down large twine with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue to resemble the natural lines in pumpkins. Top it off with leaves, a stem and some curled wire.


Since the topiary is going to be top heavy I needed to add some weight to the base. I asked my children to collect sticks for me which I broke off to be just taller than the base. I spray painted them black and glued them all around the base using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue.


Fill the inside with Spanish moss and the project is complete.

Finally, I have this simple Halloween card which I found on Pinterest. (Sorry, original artist unknown.) This has to be the easiest card I've ever made.


-Rip up strips of paper and ink the edges.
-Adhere the strips onto a card base with Helmar's Adhesive Runner.
-Add some googly eyes with Helmar's Premium Craft Glue.
-Stamp on a sentiment and you're done!

Thanks for stopping by and happy Fall crafting!