Sunday, May 20, 2012

Treat Containers with Helmar

Today I got to make my first DT post on the Helmar blog. I have been using Helmar adhesives for a while now and I'll never use another brand. The simple truth is...it just works!
The end of the school year is upon us and my kids' teachers have gone above and beyond to teach them and help them have a successful school year.
I found these cute little treat containers on Pinterest that I thought would be cute to make for their teachers. I'll show you what I learned.


1. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 6x8 inches. Run your Helmar Permanent Adhesive Runner onto two adjacent edges.

2. Roll the sheet till it resembles a tube shape. Press firmly to seal the edges together.

3. Now press together the top which has the adhesive already on it.

Fill your container with whatever treat you want. My daughter's teacher loves Hershey's Kisses so I filled mine with those. Seal the open side shut so everything is shut inside. Chocolate Kisses are heavy so I reinforced the top and bottom with Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA glue.
Cut the edges with decorative scissors, if desired, and decorate the package. Finish it off by spraying it with Helmar Crystal Kote Matt spray.
There you have it. Pretty and pretty easy, right?



Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comments:

lisaplus6 said...

love them! I just saw these on the crate blog and now you have pushed me to try them.... thanks Liz!