Thursday, July 12, 2012

Getting tricky with toothpicks

Toothpicks...yes toothpicks. I have PLENTY so I was excited when Christine from Practical Scrappers announced that wooden toothpicks would be this month's frugal find. I had never thought of using them on a card or layout but I was up for the challenge.I decided to use toothpicks to construct a nice, victorian style umbrella using a doily die cut.


To make the umbrella, I folded the doily several times until it resembled an umbrella. After placing
the toothpicks where the poles would be, I cut out the back and glued it down onto my layout.

These cute papers are from my kit this month at Memorable Seasons. It's all the Fancy Pants Summer Soul collection. Talk about cute papers!!


I had fun fussy cutting come of the large flowers from the printed paper and adding my own flowers which I cut from my Sizzix.

Check out the Practical Scrappers blog for more fun ways to use toothpicks. Maybe you have some great ideas to share, too?

2 comments:

Christy said...

I saw this on the PS site and nearly lost it. It's THE cutest idea I've seen in a looooong time!!!

Glamotte said...

That layout is amazing. Great job!