Sunday, July 8, 2012

Helmar and Faber Castell team up


The Helmar DT and I will be showing you fun projects made with Helmar and Faber Castell on the Helmar BLOG all week long. Please check it out!  Faber Castell is our preferred partner this week and we are so thrilled to be using their fine art supplies.

Blue Irises are my favorite flower! They are also my favorite flower to draw and paint.

For the flower itself I used Faber Castell's Pastel Pencils. To make a nice soft background behind the flower I used Faber Castell's watercolor pencils.
The 'Thank You' sentiment was super easy to stamp. Faber Castell has a newer product called a PITT artist pen brush. Its basically a large brush pen that you color in your stamp with. There's no ink pad needed. This to me is genius!

To make sure that my hand didn't smear my art as I was working on it, I sprayed the flower periodically with Helmar's Fixative spray. That really did the trick.

Here's a little bit of a close up:

That's all from me for today. Enjoy your day!




1 comments:

Ann Jobes said...

Your iris is GO-JUS! Love it!