Sunday, August 19, 2012

Home Decor Blocks with Helmar Decoupage

Hello crafty ladies! Today I am about  to confess my love for Helmar's Decoupage and Craft Paste. Don't mess around with other silly brands,  just use the one that works.
Today I'm going to show you how I made these cute family blocks.


A friend of mine cut out the vinyl letters for me in off white. You can also use paper letters cut out from a laser or die cut machine.
My husband cut out blocks that are fitting to the letters out of 2x4 wood.


I sprayed each block with a dark brown spray paint. After it dried I sanded down the edges for a nice, rustic look.
Each block is now ready to be covered with cute patterned paper. I sanded down each of the paper squares as well.

I brushed each painted block with Helmar's Decoupage and Craft Paste, just on the front.

Immediately place the paper squares on top and add another coat of Helmar's Decoupage and Craft Paste.

After allowing to dry I applied the vinyl letters onto each block.

Wallah!
The cute flower over the eye got dressed up with a button and baker's twine. Those were glued down with the fabulous 450 Quick Dry.

That's all from me today. Have a great weekend!









1 comments:

Laura C said...

Hey Liz! I made these for a friend last spring. She LOVED them!