Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Emboss Me, Please

Cheery Lynn Designs has the coolest embossing plates and I'm going to show you a few of them today. One thing I like about these plates are the large size. At 5 7/8 x 7 3/4, they are definitely not just for card makers. I love to use them on my embellies and die cuts to give them great added texture.

Petite Hearts



Dotted Swiss


I used both of these plates in my layout below.

Instead of just leaving the clouds a plain ol' blue, I embossed them with the adorable Petite Hearts plate to make them a little more interesting. What do you like to emboss?

Here is a list of other fabulous Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I used for my project:

Basic Optimistic font
Buttons 3
Never Ending Love Hearts
Circles -Little Stackers Nesting Die
Floral Heart

5 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Great layout. I'm still a bit new to embossing as I only just got a cuttlebug. Unfortunately it only does small areas but I like to add texture to layouts sometimes too.

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

The little hearts one is so cute. My next must have! Love your layout too. The clouds do look really good with that extra little something.

Kathy said...

I never get my Sizzix out to emboss, but I DO use embossed cardstock a lot lately...I love the dimensional feel it gives to my pages. I should dig out my old lightbox and stencils, huh? Love your page, as always!

Donna said...

I like to emboss plain old chipboard letters. The Swiss dot plate gives it the letters great texture.

Anonymous said...

Just awesome! How did you do the whole 12 x 12 page embossed? Pieces at a time? It looks like you did the whole background page!