Saturday, August 11, 2012

Distressing with Helmar

Distressed? Me?
Hello and happy Saturday! Today I am here with you to share my latest project for Helmar and this week its all about distressing. I am a pretty clean lined scrapper so to make a project that's completely distressed is a challenge for me. Don't get me wrong, I love to scrape my fingernails along the paper ages to give it a little dimension.
 I went all out today (all out for me) by wrinkling, sanding, inking and distressing as best I could. And you know what...it was totally fun!

I adhered everything down with Helmar Acid Free glue. After all, if you're taking time to preserve your memories, you'd better make sure it'll last the test of time.
I find when I am stacking flowers, it's easiest to use Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive. It is sticky and those layers aren't going to go anywhere.
The yellow flower was layered with Helmar's foam Zap Dots. It was the perfect thing to give each layer distinction.

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Sasha said...

Here I am...found your blog and happy to use your sketches! I got music going and pictures printed...now to get to work!

Sasha said...

Here I am...found your blog and happy to use your sketches! I got music going and pictures printed...now to get to work!

Unknown said...

Pretty LO!! Love all the detailed embellishments.