Thursday, June 24, 2010

An American Child

I've been participating in a contest over at one of my favorite sites, Memorable Seasons, called Last Scrapper Standing. I survived the first round of votes and now I'm on to the second. It feels just like American Idol! LOL!
The first challenge was to create a LO based on the theme "an American child" and to also incorporate stars and stripes somewhere on the LO. Here's what I came up with:


I wanted to steer clear of the traditional American colors so I added lots of colors and patterns. It may be alot but I love the way it turned out.

The next challenge is to use a black cardstock for the base and include all handmade flowers. The flowers are easy-peasy, the black is what worries me. We shall see what I come up with.

It's too late to officially join in the contest but you can still come play along for fun and I think door prizes. ;)

4 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a fun contest! Super cute LO. I love the bright, summer colors you chose.

Joni Parker said...

Love this one...didn't realize it was yours when I voted for it!!! Good luck w/LSS.....wouldn't be surprised to see you win it all!!

Kathy said...

I loved your layout when I first saw it over there! Glad you made round 2. Going over now to check out the gallery again. I missed the info on the contest unfortunately. There is some amazing talent participating! Good luck as you play along!

Laurel said...

This is a fantastic layout! I love the bright colors. Congrats to you and good luck.